Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hello alll!!! I have been in Australia for 3 days now!! It is absolutely beautiful here! My group consists of 19 girls and 17 boys. I was shocked at how almost even it was!! We have several people from the states, northern Ireland, England, Switzerland, Sweden, Japan, Australia and Canada! I love having all the different cultures here! The accents are probably my favorite part! I live in a room with ten other girls so I know we are in store for a lot of fun!! We are all getting along really well so that is nice! School starts today with orientation so I am stoked to hear about our schedule and everything we will be doing!!

On Saturday we went to the beach all day and it is postcard pretty!! Everyone in Australia isn't too impressed by the beach in Townsville because Australia has much prettier beaches but I love it! They call it the strand-it has plenty of shops, food spots and full of palm trees!! I will upload pictures when I am able to!! The sun here is hot-so sunscreen is a must!! On Saturdays we run a program called youthstreet. It is a lot like younglife which I was involved with at home so God for sure had his hand in that. We invite kids to the base to hang out and we have different teams all day such as art team, sports team, and music team. Then at night we feed them dinner and put on a concert. It is a good way to get to know the kids, spend time with them and share the good news of Jesus with them!! Yesterday was registration, more paperwork, taking our student photos, and paying the last bit of our fees!! Praise God he provided me with all of my school fees. You are all amazing! Now for outreach!! We don't know where that will be yet so we do not have a final cost.

Well I will keep you updated when the time comes!! Bless you all heaps! ( They say that word a lot here :) ) I miss and love you family and friends!!

Oh and I ate kangaroo for lunch yesterday...no big deal...

1 comment:

  1. Wow Bitt, it sounds like you are having a blast and creating a home away from home. What, you ate Kangaroo!!!!! How could you? We love and miss you heaps and look forward to future blog posts! Take care and be safe! Love Tavia, Jeff, Livy & Sophie

    ReplyDelete